List of projects under which no ticket is created during last one year.

Neeta Dubey March 27, 2019

Hi Team,

Could you some please help me on how to get List of projects under which no ticket is created during last one year.

This will help me help me to clean up my jira instance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

I have used for years REST API for than (+Python) and have a script that get all projects and count number of issues. Then get the last one and check created/updated date. That all gets generated as a CSV file that I can later filter easily for example in Excel.

Thanks Mirek. This is the best help/answer I've ever received from community.

Like Mirek likes this
Andree Lindenblatt [GoDaddy] June 13, 2019

Hi Mirek,

is this script something you can share with us? As the Last Updated etc. Information that is provided in the admin web interface isn't available via api yet :(

Thanks

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2019

Last Updated = the last updated ticket date (no need to have an API for that)

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2019

Hello @Neeta Dubey 

The JQL provides search across issues, so searching across projects based on a specific criteria is not something which is supported out the box. There might a custom plugin out there or you can write a script for it using Script runner plugin as well.

But with newer Jira versions when you open the project section and see the list of projects, then you see the column

"Last issue update"

Which can give you an easy idea about how active the project is and then you can write a JQL based on the project name and see how many issues were created this year or last year. And this is how you can start the cleanup of the Jira instance. 

Thanks Tarun,

I also have JIRA 7.1.3 on test machine however I'm still unable to locate the column "Last Issue update" under list of projects section. See attached screenshot.

list of all projects.PNG

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2019

It is not available in 7.1.3. @Tarun Sapra mentioned that you need to have newer version of Jira

Like Tarun Sapra likes this
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2019

Suggest an answer