Jira sorts and filters due date incorrectly

Rikard_Berg March 22, 2020

I have a new install (one month) of Jira core. I have 5 users, 30 issues, one project and a simple workflow. I use English and Swedish.

When I search for issues with overdue due dates it returns issues not overdue (due <= "0").

Clipboard02.jpg

(image from the dashboard with a simple overdue filter. The date was 18th march.)

Also, which seems to be related, when I sort by due date, it sorts it incorrectly.

Clipboard03.jpg

Or are there other parameters/factors I have missed?

It should just be a simple date sort, right?

Could there be some wrong with due date storage? I have no clue where to begin debugging.

As you see, the view date is changed from default - but I have also tried default date format.

This post comes from my original post here.

3 answers

0 votes
Rikard_Berg March 23, 2020

I think I have found it.

I had changed the javascript.picker format for incorrectly for a short period of time which made it save the data in an incorrect format for some issues - but not others.

Setting the date/time in look and feel + advanced setting x4 correctly seems to have fixed it. Updating the due date on some issues might be needed.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2020

Ah! That would probably do it. 

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2020

Check you make sure you aren't sorting on another field first. Jira allows sorting on multiple fields. (ie sort on field a, for all issues with the same value a, sort on field b)

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2020

Hi Rikard,

Maybe try Due <= now()

Unfortunately that did not help. Is there some know issue with the default way Jira queries overdue dates? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2020

Maybe try the field duedate:

duedate <= now() and project = ABC

No difference - tried "project = FS AND duedate <= now()"

I suspect there is something with date format in the system. Don't know how to proceed though.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2020

Maybe do a re-index since you are on server? If that doesn't fix it then I would open a support ticket with Atlassian. 

I have already re-indexed. Unfortunately we only have a starter license and there seem to be no way to get support for this issue.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2020

Maybe try hardcoding the date just to see if that works.

Suggest an answer