Jira release note merge

Julien Jouhault February 2, 2016

Hi,

I'm working for a Saas software company.

We have 2 projects in JIRA, one for our bugs and one for the evolution of the product.

I want to have automatically generated release notes.

My problem is to have a global release note, which merge our bug and evolution projects release note. Currently, half of my versions are in each projects. So I have to make the release note by myself.

Is there a solution for that?

Thx

Julien

3 answers

1 vote
Julien Jouhault February 3, 2016

Hi @Tiago Machado,

Thanks for your answer. Definitely, we have the same problem. Both projects use different methodology and a merge is not a solution by now. I suppose I will have to continue manually if nothing exists.

@Julien Jouhault

1 vote
Tiago Machado
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

Hi @Julien Jouhault,

We have the same problem here. The case is: If you use the same project methodology (Kanban or Scrum) for both projects, you could merge them into a single one and customize boards/dashboards/views for each one (bug fixes and project evolution) based on tasks type, labels or any other field.

In our case, that wasn't possible until now because we use Scrum for project evolution and Kanban for bug fixes - thus we still have to do it manually.

Hope that helps,

@Tiago Machado

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2019

You could use Better PDF Exporter which can creates release notes from any list of issues.

If the PDF format is not optimal, then you could eventually create a custom PDF template that will render a PDF document with body text in markdown format or whatever you prefer. From that you can copy-paste the final content to your blog, etc. It is still manual, but to less extent than compiling the whole thing by hand.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events