Jira Server/DataCenter Workflow API - finding IDs and details

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2020

I'm trying to get info about Jira Server/DataCenter workflows via the API, but am coming up empty.  We are on Jira 8.5.3.

The goal is to find references to Roles in workflow post functions, because the Project Roles View Usage page is wrong/incomplete (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-44344).

I can  hit rest/api/2/workflow for the list of workflows, but can't then get to rest/api/2/workflow/{id} per the docs because the first call doesn't return IDs.  I was hoping to make the second call work and then see what comes back.  

Has anyone successfully used the Jira 8.x Server API to get detailed info about workflow steps, transitions, functions, etc?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2020

Hi John,

there seems to be no one-click solution available - but as I have seen this question is still unanswered after a month and I had the impression this was discussed earlier I did not want to miss the chance to post this link - just in case it helps.

The answer was (just like to similar questions that come up from time to time regards workflow details) to query "available transitions" using

GET /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/transitions

which probably not meets the requirement. Additionally there are some comments later on in the linked post - so maybe there is an approach listed there which might be of interest to you even though there is no easy solution available today.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer