Jira Kanban Board - only administrators can use it?

FORFIRM ITALIA SRL December 1, 2020

hi, I'm creating a new kanban board.

in the past ones i have seen that all users who can see tickets, close them, move in pending, are administrators

Is it correct, or I can let a user see and use the kanban even without putting it in the administrators?

see image

It could be great if only 2 of us are administrators, and I can set other persons to see and use the kanban, but I don't know how to do this

thanks

kanban admins.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

Hi @FORFIRM ITALIA SRL  - Access to the board is controlled by the permissions on the board filter. The Administrator is just who can make changes to the board setup, but anyone with access to the filter can see and use the board. 

FORFIRM ITALIA SRL December 4, 2020

hi, ok thanks, how to reach the board filter? thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

On the board, click on the 3 dots menu on the upper right side. Then select Board settings.

Finally choose General. There you can see who the board is shared with and can make changes there. 

One note - you must be a board administrator to be able to do that. 

FORFIRM ITALIA SRL December 7, 2020

thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2020

If this takes care of your issue, can you click on the Accept Answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!

0 votes
FORFIRM ITALIA SRL December 1, 2020

-

Suggest an answer