Jira Board Swimlanes with JQL and Dates

Seretha Curry January 16, 2023

I am trying to create a swimlane on a board based on the times in the status.  For instance:  status = new AND createdDate > -7d OR status = "In Progress" AND updated > -7d OR status = "Needs Assessment" AND createdDate > -7d

What I am trying to do is capture all new issues created more than 7 days ago OR issues in progress or in needs assessment for longer than 7 days.

When I do this, this returns too many results, not all of which are greater than 7 days.  If I fip the operator to < or the -7 to 7, it returns nothing.  There are definitely more than 0 tickets that meet this category.

1) Maybe I'm assuming too much to think you can capture a rolling time period.  If not, do I have other options?

2) Even if 1 is true, shouldn't it update every time "I run the query"--is there a way I can force this manually.

3) Sigh.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2023

Hi @Seretha Curry - Try this for your query:

(created >= -7d) OR (status IN ("In Progress", "Needs Assessment") AND status Changed AFTER -7d)
Seretha Curry January 17, 2023

Hey Mark, I appreciate your help.  Unfortunately, I'm still getting issues created today in the new column.  Also, I'm not getting any results in the other two statuses even though there are lots of tickets that should quality.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

My bad I had the query reversed to show everything from the last 7 days instead of older than 7 days 🤦‍♂️... Change the query to this:

(created < -7d) OR (status IN ("In Progress", "Needs Assessment") AND status Changed BEFORE -7d)
Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer