Jira Administrator Unable to Create Issue

James_Devasia July 31, 2019

I created a Project and Used the Advanced settings to copy from an existing project.

But when I try to create an Issue, the dropdown doesn't have an option to associate the issue to the project even though the project is created and I'm able to view from the board.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2019

Hello,

Go to the project settings and check that you have the Create Issues permission for the project.

If you are a Jira administrator, you still need to have the create issues permission to create issues.

James_Devasia July 31, 2019

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your comments.  Please find some more notes below and hope you (or) someone will be able assist.

1. My project is inheriting it's settings from an existing Project (which we'll call 'Project-A') which is using the default issue scheme.  I'm able to create an issue in Project-A.  On top of that, this Project-B (Project I am trying to create issue in) is also under the default issue scheme.

2. As mentioned earlier, the dropdown doesn't even populate Project-B on the Create Issue Screen.  I can see Project-A though

3. I added myself on to the Project-B and have given myself all access.  

Please Help...

Kind Regards,

James Devasia

shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

Can you share screenshot while you are trying to create a issue in project-B

James_Devasia August 1, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 11.34.39 AM.png

James_Devasia August 1, 2019

Hi Shetty,

So if you look at the screenshot, I'm on the "Create Issue" screen.  I've whitened out certain areas for confidentiality purposes but in the Project Dropdown, if you pay attention to the alphabetical order, Project-B doesn't populate which is the issue I'm dealing with.

Kind Regards,

JD

Suggest an answer