Is there a way to send an email with the date of closing of an issue?

David Romero Ortolá May 20, 2019

Hi!

I want to create a rule that sends the client an email when an issue is resolved specifying the date and hour when the issue was resolved and warn him that the issue will be closed in 7 days.

I have been able to create the rule that sends the email automatically, but i can't put the field Date-hour on it.

Does anyone have any clue on how I could do this?

Thank you in advance,

David Romero

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Hi @David Romero Ortolá

What did you use to achieve what you describe?

Regards,

Seba

David Romero Ortolá May 21, 2019

Hi Sebastian,

I created an automation rule to run when the SLA "Time to close after resolution" is breached. This rule transitions the issue to "Close" and sends an email with the phrase that I decide. Inside this phrase is where I want to set the date/time when the issue was solved.

E.G.: This issue was solved on "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm". Please, proceed to close it or it will be closed automatically on "dd/mm". (This last date would be the date when the issue was closed plus 7 days).

Regards,

David

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

Hi

So you should use smart values to achieve this (link)

To get date of resolution please use issue.resolutiondate

Regards,

Seba

Suggest an answer