Is there a way to prevent some users from connecting jira cloud projects to slack?

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2019

We have the slack app enabled in our jira cloud instance but are finding that some users are connecting the jira instance to slack instances not affiliated with our organization.  Is there a way to prevent some users (like everyone not a site admin) from setting up the connection with any slack?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019

Hi Randy,

I am not on the Jira team but I reached out informally to the team and I can confirm that there is currently no way to restrict which slack instances can be connected to your jira cloud instance.  

I hope that helps!

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2019

That's too bad.  Thank you for checking, @Marty .

Suggest an answer