Is there a way to find out how long the ticket is in "Awaiting Support" status

Vikram Rao July 18, 2019

I wanted to derive the SLA of the ticket. So for this wanted to know a ticket how long is there with "Awaiting Support" status.

That being said, ticket might have moved away from Awaiting Support and returned back to same status after 2-3 days. Just need to extract the number of days that ticket is with "Awaiting Support" status

Please excuse me if this question doesn't make any sense, but one of my requirement i got in this way to generate the report.

2 answers

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

Hi Vikram,

from your requirement I'm not totally sure if you need the total time the issue has been in that status (even if it has been transitioned to another status and entered "Awaiting Support" again) or just the amount of time the issue has been in that status since last being transitioned to "Awaiting support". As Suhas already said you will need some kind of third party app being able to fetch/calculate and display that kind of data. One solution that comes to my mind using our own app Jira Workflow Toolbox and its custom fields

• use case a) is easily achievable with a function in Jira Workflow Toolbox called TimeInStatus(). Combined with a calculated custom field you can display the value on your View Issue screen.
  • use case b) is also achievable but requires a bit more configuration to only count the time from the last time the issue has been transitioned to "Awaiting Support"

You could also achieve this with a scripted custom field offered by Scriptrunner. And I came across an app called Issue History Collector which could be sufficient but I never evaluated this app myself. :)

Best, Max

Vikram Rao July 18, 2019

Thanks Max, let me give a try.

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2019

Jira Charting plugins provide an issue tab called Transitions which shows all transitions and time issue was in for all statuses. Its free app.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-use-average-time-in-status-gadget-776998092.html?_ga=2.38893219.1819478989.1563182421-1452276982.1561969424

Vikram Rao July 18, 2019

Hey Suhas, thanks for your inputs. I will go through and get back if required any further help.

Suggest an answer