Is there a bug where users can't create issues from Slack even after workspace has been atuhorized?

nyam.adodoadji October 4, 2019

My organization's Slack workspace has been authorized for Jira cloud. When I try to create a Jira issue from Slack though using the command /jira create [type] [summary], I get a message that I need to authorize Slack and login into Atlassian. When I click on the link I get a message I'm not authorized to install Jira cloud on the workspace (see attached screenshot). Other users on the workspace are having the same issue, so I wasn't sure if this is a known bug?

slack screenshot.png

jira screenshot.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

This means you need to have rights to add an application to Slack, rather than an Atlassian issue.

You'll need to contact your Slack admins to talk to them about this, and have them add it to your Slack.

nyam.adodoadji October 4, 2019

Thanks! The Slack admin has already added the application to Slack though, and we're still seeing the message.

Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

It could be likely that a Slack Admin will need to configure the connection for you; can you get them to join your channel and set it up for you?

nyam.adodoadji October 7, 2019

The connection should already be configured, but I'll check with my Slack Admin. Thanks!

Suggest an answer