Is it possible to send multiple notification to multiple Slack users ?

Hadas June 8, 2022

Hi guys,

I wish to send a SLACK notification to all assignees of linked issues (blocked) when the blocking issue is resolved.

I've created an automation code which sends slack notifications to the linked issue assignee. However this works only for the assignee of the first issue as I am sending to.

I wonder if there is a way to loop three all the linked (Blocked by) issues and send to their assignee a message?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2022

You can use Advanced Branches for this - when you do a Lookup action it's automatically assigned to a smart value, you can assign it to a variable, then in the advanced branch you can do a bunch of things with that variable (which has the results of your lookup in it, even if it's multiple tickets), like sending slack messages. 

You can then access that variable in other parts of the rule.

There are lots of ways to use this method, but it will take some experimentation to get it working the way you want.

Hadas June 13, 2022

Thanks Chris for the explanation. Good to know even though in my case there was no need for that. I just needed to modify the condition from the 'current issue' to the 'related ones' and the system repeated the action for each of the linked (Blocked) issues. So it did send multiple slack messages.

I needed to know though that everything beneath the condition (simple branch) is executed on each of the issues that match the condition above the branch.

(Writing this here for the records and knowledge-base

Like Chris Buzon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events