I will like to auto fill the "due date" field with the last day of the sprint. How can I do that

Akwo Akwo March 30, 2022

I have a team that has been utilizing the "due date" field in jira. However, they have been manually assigning the due date in active sprints to be the last day of the sprint. I'm hoping I can configure it so that when a sprint is started, all tickets in the sprint that don't already have a value in the "due date" field have an auto-assigned due date of the last day of the sprint

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Akwo Akwo 

Do you have automation for Jira installed on your instance?  If so, you could create a rule triggered on Sprint Started to set the field.  Please check with your site admin to learn if the addon is installed.

To learn more about automation rules, please take a look at these sources and examples:

Kind regards,
Bill

Akwo Akwo April 1, 2022

I don't have automation install on my instance. I do have Script Runner which I believe will be good. Am educating myself with Script Runner.  

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2022

Thanks for that information.  I have not used ScriptRunner for many years, so let's see what other community members can suggest for using that addon.

Suggest an answer