I want to remove issues from the board once they are in the done column for 14 days.

Jacquelin Tripp October 13, 2020

We no longer have a 14 day expiration on items in the done column.  I am not sure why this changed. (Newbie)  Can someone advise how to put an expiration on resolved items sitting in the done column for 14 days?  We are on Jira Core Cloud.  Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2020

Hi Jacquelin - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project is it? Next-gen? Classic Software?

Classic should still have the Hide completed issues older than: setting at the bottom of board settings. 

And I am not aware of Next-gen removing that function either. 

Its a business project (Jira Core) and there is nothing at the bottom of my screen.  When going into board settings. I have a list of details, people, automation, summary, etc.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2020

Ah, business projects are like Next-gen - you can't adjust the board settings. 

Is the Done column still the last column on the board? 

Yes

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2020

I would go ahead and submit a support ticket with Atlassian to see what is going on:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please come back here to update what the solution was. 

Tried to open a ticket and the system doesn't give me that option.  Explore community or view documentation. 😒

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2020

Are you on a Free plan? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2020

Also, you must be a Jira Administrator to submit a support ticket. 

We are on the standard plan, but I am not the administrator - just admin of a project.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2020

You will need to have the Jira Administrator submit the support request then. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events