I am not able to find Server ID for Atlassian Jira Core 8.1 also how to Login as Administration

Abhijit Dongre May 15, 2019

I am not able to find Server ID for Atlassian Jira Core 8.1

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2019

Hello,

If your user is included in the Administrator group, then you will have the Administrator access.

You can find Server Id in cog item -> System -> System Info

Hi, actually I have newly taken JIRA Core's self managed starter license, I have installed atlassian-jira-core-8.1.0-x64.exe and it has launched in url http://localhost:8080/secure/Dashboard.jspa, but on this page I am not able to login to JIRA as I don't have credentials, hence please help to login

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

If you installed Jira, it will have asked you to provide the first admin user - you should log in with the credentials you gave it.

If you have lost or forgotten these, then you can try the reset password option (if you had configured a working email server for it), but if not, you will have to change the user credentials in the database.

Thanks Nic, it worked out, I deleted Application Data folder and then re-installed.

Nic, I am able to login but it is not showing Boards button, please help.

Board.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2019

Um, sorry, I am confused by that, your screenshot shows the boards button. 

Abhijit Dongre May 16, 2019

Sorry for confusion, actually Board button is missing

Board.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

I think I probably misunderstood it too!  Sorry! 

The boards option should be there if you have installed Jira Software.  Your new screenshot says you've only installed Jira Core.  That's no problem though, use "manage applications" to add Jira Software to it.  It's all done in the UI, no need to mess around with downloads and installers.

Also, you will want to make sure your account has the right to use Jira software.  It may need to be added to a new group after installing Software.

Hi Nic, so do I need to pay again $10 for Jira Software?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

Yes.  But check what you bought before doing anything, you may have already got the right licence.

Hi Nic, I have baught Jira Core (Server) 10 Users: Starter License (SEN-13962192) i.e. $10/onetime, can I able to take JIRA software in same or do I need to pay $10/month/10 user for JIRA Software?

Hi,  I bought JIRA software but it is not getting installed locally, please refer attached snapshot

Jira-Software_Install ISsue.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2019

You'll need to read the logs to find out what went wrong with the installation

Suggest an answer