How to use wildcard in quick filters in jira?

Avia Damty July 29, 2019

Hi,

I'd like to create quick filter for the following:

status not in (Done, Closed) AND every epic name with the word 'Performance' - but when I adding this: status not in (Done, Closed) AND "Epic Name" ~ performance  - it's not working.

what is my mistake?

1.jpg2.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Florian Fohrer August 14, 2019

Hi, 

If you want to see your epic in this interface you need to disable the functionality of "epics panel"

Board -> Configure -> Columns -> Epics panel

(Display epics in a panel in the backlog, and not as cards on the board)

After that if you want to see issues linked to your epic you need to use the ScriptRunner addon 

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2019

That should work (it works when I test it on my instance).   Can you add a screenshot showing it not working as expected?

Avia Damty July 29, 2019

I've added 2 screenshot: 1: actual results. 2: expected results

thanks

Avia Damty July 29, 2019

my request is the following:

we have few epics that each epic has several different linked issues/tasks.

i want to display in board all issues that related to all epics that has the text 'performance' inside.

is this possible?

thanks

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2019

Your screenshot shows a Scrum board, are you sure that the Epics you are searching for are assigned to a Sprint?  Can you do a standard issue search using your query (via Issues -> Search for issues) ?

Avia Damty July 29, 2019

Epics that I'm searching are not assigned to any sprint because they are general epics that we're working on them for few sprints.

I don't need the epics - I need the issues that are linked to those epics.

Is this possible at all?

Standard search is perfectly working .

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2019

Try this:

status not in (Done, Closed) AND "Epic Link" in epicsFromQuery("('Epic Name' ~ Performance)")

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2019

Actually I'm not sure my previous works... do you have ScriptRunner addon?  If so you can use "issuefunction", e.g.

issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = ABC", "is Epic of")

Suggest an answer