How to select static type labels ina pie chart

Ro G July 16, 2019

I have several jira tickets with differents labels. I need all the Jira ticket but in the pie chart I just want to display some of the labels. How can I do?

2 answers

0 votes
Silviu Asandei September 24, 2021

It does not work. This is a missing feature.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

It does if you do what I said in the previous answer two years ago

Silviu Asandei September 24, 2021

Hi, 

I am struggling with this one for the past few days and I couldn't figure it out so far. I am using 2 types of labels:

- 1st type: inc_abc, inc_bcd, inc_def (used to categorize the root cause) and

- second type dom_xyz, dom_yxz, dom_aaa (used for the ownership of a specific component. In total I have 23 tickets with both labels and 21 tickets with only the inc_ label.

When creating a filter to exclude the "dom_" type labels using "labels !=", the pie chart only displays the 21 tickets that don't have the "dom_" label.

Bottom line is that I want to build a Pie Chart, based on a filter that excludes the "dom_" type label and only displays "inc_" labels, and returns all 44 tickets

Best regards,

Silviu 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

Yes, that's working as intended.

I think it might be easier if you think of there being two parts to most Jira reports:

• There is a list of issues you want to report on
  • There is a report that extracts data from the list to be displayed

Now, the pie chart here is simply displaying the labels on the issues you have selected, that's what it is for.

Your search for "not dom_, only inc_ but returns all 44" is impossible - the "all 44" directly contradicts "only inc_", except in the one case where there are no issues with both labels.

You can search for "inc only", "dom only", or "not dom" or "not inc", but there's no way to search for issues that "have inc and dom but not dom at the same time"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2019

The pie chart tries to display all the data you give it.  If you want to drop some labels from the display, you have to exclude them from the data, by making the filter behind the pie chart ignore them.

Ro G July 22, 2019

If I apply what you are suggesting, I don't see any of my tickets.

I have different tickets and all of them have label, 1, label 2 and label 3.

I wamnt all of them displayed in the pie chart but I just want to see the label 1 as description ads the other 2 labels are referring to a different topic.

How can I do it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2019

Change the filter behind the chart to say just 'labels = "label 1"', which will remove the other two.

Suggest an answer