How to identify tickets I have logged time on

Simon Snell March 8, 2022

Hi all,

I would like to be able to see which tickets I have logged time against in the previous day and week, and how much time I have spent on them.

I have tried looking at a way to view this but can't work out how to do it.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2022

Hi @Simon Snell ,

my suggestion is to use Tempo Timesheet for JIRA (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6572/tempo-timesheets-jira-time-tracking?tab=overview&hosting=cloud).

There're a lot of reports like the following https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/generating-reports/logged-time-reports.html that help you on that.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Thank you v much.

Unfortunately I'm not an admin so can't do this.  Are there any JQL search criteria I can use?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2022

@Simon Snell , there's an open request for that https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-12312

Sorry, but currently there's no builtin JQL feature for that.

Fabio

3 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2022

Hi @Simon Snell ,

a few of your requirements can be covered in Jira without the need for an additional app. JQL gives you a few options to identify issues you logged work against but I don't see a way to report on the logged work in a nice way without an app. An example for a JQL search could look like this:

worklogAuthor = currentUser() AND worklogDate > startOfWeek()

You can dive deeper into JQL with Atlassian's (pretty good!) documentation on Advanced Searching. When it comes to time tracking and reporting, Tempo Timesheets is definitely a mighty solution that I recommend but maybe you find something for free on the Atlassian Marketplace that suits you.

Best, Max

Excellent!

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 8, 2022

Hi @Simon Snell 

If you are fine with a marketplace app to get this data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well.

Worklogs Report.PNG

Suggest an answer