How to handle an issue that applies to multiple projects?

Shane Anderson November 20, 2019

Side Note:

I'm evaluating using Jira for managing projects for production lines in a facility. We aren't using anything in production yet. I'm a Jira newbie.

Background:

Automotive facility with multiple production lines.

Line A

Line B

Line C

Normally production lines have their own independent issues. I.E, robot is crashing into clamp, needs investigated. It only applies to that production line. Hence why I decided a project per line is probably best way to organize things. Line A is a project, Line B is a project, Line C is a project, etc...

Scenario:

Occasionally we get projects that have the be implemented plant wide. The solution in my head to organize things would be to

1. Create a project, let's say 'Monitor Robot Positions Across All LInes'

2. Create line independent issues. Setup server database tables, etc...

3. Create Line dependent issue. Send data from line to server.

Problem:

Step 3 is the confusing one. It would be quite tedious to have to go through and create a task in each line project to do that and link it back to main project task. Is there any way to create a task in main project, that would then automagically be replicated to all the dependent line projects?

Perhaps this isn't the best solution or way to organize it, but it seems like a good idea in my head. If anyone has any advice, would be nice to hear.

0 answers

Suggest an answer