How to filter all issues that are not linked to another project?

Simon Stafflinger September 6, 2019

I would like to have a filter that gives me all the Spikes and User-Stories in a current sprint that are not linked to another project. It's part of our Definition of Ready to link User-Stories to the Project "Features", so I would like to have an overview where this linking is missing. 

I tried it like this:

project = "SYST" and Sprint in openSprints () and issuetype in ("Spike", "User-Story") and issueLink != "FEAT-*" but unfortunately the wildcard * doesn't work here. 

Any ideas or tips? 

Thanks in advance :) 

4 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2019

Hi @Simon Stafflinger ,

YOu can try with linkedissuesof function from scriptrunner plugin.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_linkedissuesof

0 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2019

You can use JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports plugin  to get the required results, you you case you can use the query as below

following query will return all issues which are not linked with project "Test"

issue not in linkedByIssueProject("test")

or you can use following query and pass multiple projects

Find issues which link at least one issue from project test,test2. 

issue in links("project in (test,test2)")
0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Hi @Simon Stafflinger

How are the issues linked to a Feature? Is it "relates to" or a similar custom link type? And this links to an Issue Type of Feature? Is this linked via linked issues or Portfolio Parent Link?

Most linked issues search parameters work around either a specific issue or a link type - for example:

• IssuesRelatesTo or...
  • issueLinkType in (XXX) - useful for custom link types like is parent of / is child of

^ If your Features have a specific link type then you could search for issues without them which should get you most of the way there.

When it comes to more advanced searching (for example, look for all issues with linkages not linking to Features) you do need to consider Apps such as ScriptRunner - but give us a little more information and happy to try and replicate!

Ste

0 votes
Simon Stafflinger September 13, 2019

Thanks for your helpful answers! :) Unfortunatley we can't buy more plug-ins at the moment, but it's good to know that the possibility would be there with this plug-ins. 

Suggest an answer