How to create an ‘Risk’ issue type in a kanban board? For linkage with risk register

Dominic Cho July 25, 2019
I use a risk register plugin and i’m not able to create a risk register

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2019

Log in as an admin and go to Admin -> Issues -> Issue type schemes.  Find the one associated with the project you want to amend (the list of schemes shows by which projects they are used).  Here, what to check is if it is only used by your project, or if it's shared.

If it's shared, you need to consider copying the scheme to a new one, and associating the new scheme with the project.  If it is not shared (or it is shared only with projects you want to add the risks to), you can just work with it directly. 

If you do need to change the scheme for a project, go to the project and look for the admin functions (again, while logged in as an admin), and you should find the "select new scheme" option

Once you know which scheme to alter and have set up the project(s) to use the right ones, just descend into the scehme and add "risk" into it. 

0 votes
Dominic Cho July 26, 2019

I probably need to add a new issue scheme to the project, how do I do that?

I also need to add new fields to the issue such as start/end date etc.

0 votes
Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 25, 2019

Hi Dominic,

If your question is for Risk Register by ProjectBalm, please raise a request in our support portal.

https://projectbalm.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

kind regards,

Craig

Dominic Cho July 25, 2019

No, the question is more on the Jira Kanban board itself. I’m in project setting and can’t create a new issue type, or risk type. 

Suggest an answer