How to create Dashboard to statistics all Story/sub-tasks status under EPIC?

Zhongbao Shi January 22, 2021

I am tracking development tasks by category EPIC --> Story --> Sub-tasks. That's meaning there are several story under 1 EPIC and several sub-tasks under 1 story. 

I would like to have a dashboard, which can monitor whole story and sub-tasks status. 

Any available gadget to create a view quickly? 

3 answers

0 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 17, 2022

Hi @Zhongbao Shi 

Were you able to find a solution? I hope you did!

In case you're still struggling with this, Dashboard Hub for Jira (app that we develop) includes the Epic Progress gadget that is pretty awesome to create a view of the story and sub-tasks status quickly. Have a look at this live dashboard to see this gadget in action!

Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 16.05.20.png

Please know that you can try it free for 30 days :)

Hope it helps,

Iván, Product Marketing Manager

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Zhongbao Shi 

If you would be interested in a ready made solution, you may want to try out our add-on to manage multiple Epics and their hierarchy on a single page.

Agile Tools - Epic Tree and Time in Status 

Manage and visualize your Epics with rolled up estimate progress reports.

Key features:

• Epic Sum
  • Configure progress % calculation on either "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Epic Tree directly on Issue Screen
  • Display and manage Epics/Issues of your project
  • Real time edit option for Issue summary, status, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree on the Epic Hierarchy
  • Rolled up percentage completion and at issue level as well
  • JQL support for Epic Hierarchy screen
  • Time in Status report using JQL
  • Issue Tracker to view complete transitions on your issue screen
    • Status Transition : View all the status changes in a single tab along with average time and count in each status. Switch between graphical and tabular view to make more out of the data.
    • Assignee Transition : View all the assignees for the issue along with the time for which the issue was with each assignee. Switch between graphical and tabular view to make more out of the data.

Epic Hierarchy Screen_Cloud_Edit.png

Epic Hierarchy_Issue Screen_Cloud.PNG

Zhongbao Shi January 25, 2021

Sounds good. Will give a try. Thanks your recommendation @Rahul_RVS_Support 

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2021

Hi @Zhongbao Shi

Most probably, you will need some third party Jira apps to create JQL filters to search issues under specific Epic/Story.

Another solution that I can think of is to use the Jira board (Scrum/Kanban) and then configure swimlanes

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

Zhongbao Shi January 25, 2021

@mogavenasan , thanks your quick response. I will give a try for your 2 suggestions. 

Like mogavenasan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events