How to change Base URL in server

Avi Nash February 14, 2019

I updated base url in System->General Configuration but how to update the base url in linux server. Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Avi Nash February 21, 2019

I was able to fix the URL issue through the server file in the backend.

0 votes
Maksim Smetannikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2019
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2019

@Maksim Smetannikov , Would a reverse proxy cause @Avi Nash 's issue with Marketplace apps as well? (See this thread.) It sounds like it would, but my networking knowledge is slim.

-Scott

Maksim Smetannikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2019

Hi @Scott Theus reverse-proxy itself can not cause such a problem as in this thread

The problem is usually the lack of Internet access from the server on which jira is installed.

You proposed the most correct solution to this problem.

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2019

Dear @Avi Nash,

normally this is done by the DNS in your system, that assigns a domain name to an IP address. At least you could set this in your local

/etc/hosts

1.2.3.4    mydomain.com

But this can be overwritten by your network.

Note: The base URL must not be equivalent with the FQDN. It could differ. For example

FQDN = mydomain.com

BaseURL = https://mydomain.com/jira

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer