How to add a dropdown list of assignees as quick filter on kanban board?

Rishi Kumar January 18, 2017

On Quickfilter on the board i want to be able to select one or another assignee to filter the JIRA list on the board. How can this be done?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2017

I'm afraid quick-filters don't do that.  You have to go into their definition and write queries for what you want to filter on.

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2017

But you could create a quickfilter button for each of your team members. Not quite a single dropdown but would still work.

Rishi Kumar January 18, 2017

Yes I did that. Thanks!

2 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2018

Since this question was asked, filtering by Assignee has been added to the Agile view.

Sarah_Guthrie April 26, 2018

How would one be able to add a filter by label? 

Like Adam Łabędzki likes this
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 27, 2018

Jira Server o cloud?

Adam Labedzki May 28, 2018

I would love to have Quick Filter with a dropdown list of all labels to filter my Agile Board (using Jira Cloud)

Like # people like this
Deleted user June 6, 2018

Filtering by labels just like Assignee would be really useful as well.

Like jj_fairbanks likes this
Samuel Thompson June 13, 2018

Yes, +1 for being able to have these. Label is nice but I would love a drop down for fixVersions for the Kanban board.

Like Vasily Meleshko likes this
Deleted user July 30, 2018

Is this coming to the server version as well?

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2019

For reference, for JIRA Software (server) this is tracked here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-4735

0 votes
Adam Labedzki June 18, 2018

Recently in our Jira Cloud we have started to see 'Asignee' drop down quick filter :) thank you!

Glenn Engelman August 7, 2018

Not everybody in my team sees the drop down quick filter Assignee. how can i get it visable to all users?

Deleted user September 14, 2018

+1 i've seen this on some JIRA instances but unable to find where to add it ?

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2019

Per this documentation, this is only available in the JIRA Cloud version. See JIRA Server version ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events