How to Login as Administration to self managed Atlassian Jira Core 8.1

Abhijit Dongre May 15, 2019

Hi, actually I have newly taken JIRA Core's self managed starter license, I have installed atlassian-jira-core-8.1.0-x64.exe and it has launched in url http://localhost:8080/secure/Dashboard.jspa, but on this page I am not able to login to JIRA as I don't have credentials, hence please help to login

3 answers

1 vote
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2019

You probably updated an existing installation instead of a fresh install. Try your old User:pass.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2019

Oh, yes, I didn't notice the upper image, sorry.

If this is not a fresh installation I suggest you just start over.

0 votes

Hi Grig, actually when I installed atlassian-jira-core-8.1.0-x64.exe, it has not asked to create admin account. Let me un-install and install it again

I choosed Express Install, it installed itself and launched in browser, it didnt asked to create Admin account also in launched browser it is not showing any setup Wizard, please refer snapshot.

Login.png

It is not showing JIRA setup wizard as below, please help

JIRA Setup.png

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2019

If you have your database set up as in the installation guide as well as other production requirements you can easily choose "I'll set it up myself" and go on.

Thanks Grig, it worked out, I deleted Application Data folder and then re-installed, it worked out.

Grig, I am able to login but it is not showing Boards button, please help.

Board.png

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2019

Hi @Abhijit Dongre !

Haven't you created the administrator account during the installation process?

Suggest an answer