How many instance will I have after upgrade to JIRA 7?

Andrzej Warycha October 7, 2015

Hi,

Currently I have 2 instance of JIRA 6.4, first one with Agile and second one with Service Desk. Additionally to the second JIRA instance Confluence server is connected with External User Management (from JIRA).

Let's assume

that one half of users in first instance use Agile and second half use JIRA core functionality.

In second instance is exactly the same half of users use Service Desk and second half JIRA core.

And my question is:

Do I need to install four instance of JIRA 7 (2 JIRA Core, JIRA software and JIRA Service Desk)? Or only 2 with different types of user licences?

If I need four instance what about User management for Confluence and between pairs of JIRAs ?

Best regards,

1 answer

1 vote
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2015

Hi ,

With JIRA 7 , you can have both JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk on one instance . You will only need to install one instance. The different products are managed at the Application access configuration page using different types of license. For more information, please refer to this our migration hub documentation :

Andrzej Warycha October 7, 2015

Thanks for answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events