How do you delete a date value in the New Issue View

Betsy Edson July 30, 2019

We have a date field (Due Date) that uses the date picker control.  However, once you pick a date, you can't delete it.  You can edit it and change the date to another one, but you can not remove the existing value in the field.  I have to switch to the "old view" and remove it or do a bulk edit to remove the value.  Am I missing something?  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2019

@Betsy Edson ,

Please check your project field configuration, may be you have made it required. so it can't be empty. It should have some value. 

If you don't require this due date field you can make it optional in your field configuration schema.

I checked all my field configs and schemas and it is NOT required in any of them.  Like I said, I can remove the value if I am viewing the issue in the "old view".  It is only in the "new view" that I can't delete it.  I've tried in both Chrome and FF.  Clicking in the field always brings up the calendar and you can't delete the date in the field (or manually type it).

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2019

Hi @Betsy Edson 

Unfortunately you're correct, there isn't a way to do it currently. Hopefully they will implement this functionality before they eventually stop allowing us to switch back to the old view.

I was afraid that might be the case.  Thank you for the confirmation.  

Suggest an answer