How do I turn off / remove the new comments template where it automatically puts "Hi {name}" in the comment?

Cian Leahy October 12, 2015

How do I turn off / remove the new comments template where it automatically puts "Hi {name}" in the comment?

It's annoying and redundant - in general we use it to comment on the ticket, not to directly ask people questions. If we need to do that we can simply use the @ functionality

Using 7.0.0-OD-08-001 - was automatically upgraded to Jira Software over the weekend. This functionality has appeared since then. I don't think we have any plugins that are causing this but I could be wrong

Seems to only happen on issue types / projects that have a service desk associated with them

3 answers

0 votes
Rich Brown October 14, 2015

Yes please fix this as it's annoying to force something of this nature for every user and just results in us having to clear the box every time we want to add a comment.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2015

Currently, this is not possible. But I have filed an improvement under https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-2414.

Please add yourself as watcher and vote to increase it's popularity.

-- Pedro

0 votes
Chris Whitten [Comskil] October 12, 2015

What version of JIRA? Do you have any plugins that are adding this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events