How can I configure the PagerDuty for JSM ?

Zhongshu Li April 12, 2022

JSM Version: JIRA Service Management Application v4.20.7

Step 1 success connect PagerDuty uses the admin account logo.

Step2 configures Jira connection options to output "credential or URL not valid"

My question is how can I find correct  "Jira Base URL" and "Jira Browse Base URL", I don't know what differenct bewteen each other.

Thanks all of yours help.

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Hi @Zhongshu Li ,

My understanding is that "Jira Base URL" and "Jira Browse Base URL" should be the same. As described here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-the-base-url-938847830.html):

The Base URL is the URL via which users access Jira applications. The base URL must be set to the same URL by which browsers will be viewing your Jira instance.

Zhongshu Li April 12, 2022

Thanks for your feedback, and I've tried the same URL to "Save" configure, still error output "credential or URL  not valid".

Could you give me any recommendations for troubleshooting this mistake?

Zhongshu Li April 13, 2022

I have resolved this issue. The root cause is Jira Integration users need to create an agent account in the Jira Service Management that use to alert notification sync. 

BTW, thanks for your answer, it's very important information.

Suggest an answer