Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I configure the PagerDuty for JSM ?

JSM Version: JIRA Service Management Application v4.20.7

Step 1 success connect PagerDuty uses the admin account logo.

Step2 configures Jira connection options to output "credential or URL not valid"

My question is how can I find correct  "Jira Base URL" and "Jira Browse Base URL", I don't know what differenct bewteen each other.

Thanks all of yours help.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Zhongshu Li ,

My understanding is that "Jira Base URL" and "Jira Browse Base URL" should be the same. As described here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-the-base-url-938847830.html):

The Base URL is the URL via which users access Jira applications. The base URL must be set to the same URL by which browsers will be viewing your Jira instance.

Thanks for your feedback, and I've tried the same URL to "Save" configure, still error output "credential or URL  not valid".

Could you give me any recommendations for troubleshooting this mistake?

I have resolved this issue. The root cause is Jira Integration users need to create an agent account in the Jira Service Management that use to alert notification sync. 

BTW, thanks for your answer, it's very important information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

319 views 0 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you