How Do I use an Older version of Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA

Andre Capritta October 6, 2015

My company is not willing to pay the fee for this add-on.  However I have dozens of projects using it.  How do I use an older free version of the plugin?  

2 answers

3 votes
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2015

Andre,

You can continue to use ScriptRunner for JIRA for free up to and including version 3.1.4. You simply need to download the specific version you need from the Atlassian Marketplace and then upload it to your instance of JIRA.

However, we cannot guarantee that the older versions (i.e prior to version 3.1.4) will continue to remain compatible with future versions of JIRA.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

Go to the marketplace and look for the script runner, using a browser.  Look for the "version history" tab.  Select the one you want (I'd recommend the latest one that is valid for your JIRA before 4.01 was released) and download it. 

Log into JIRA, go to the UPM and look for the "upload addon" option, and feed that the downloaded file.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

And what Mark said too.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2015

Actually, you can also right click on the link, copy it, and paste it into the URL field too. Then you don't have to worry about downloading it (found this out the other day).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2015

I keep forgetting about that. But I'm working with JIRA systems as far back as 3, and that wasn't in the older ones.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events