You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I'm having trouble creating a JQL filter that will pull historical issues. I need to pull issues for 2 inactive members for a 3 year range 2005-2008. Is this possible? I've tried but can't get any results.
Your inactive users may be just inactive, and not really removed from the group. Also, inactive users don't show in a lot of places.
Could you re-test your search but explicitly name one of your people who has left - Project = LTM AND status = closed AND assignee = 'dave (inactive)'
The use of "assignee not in" is unclean and likely limits the query to more than the two users as indicated. Try something like this:
Project = LTM AND status = closed AND assignee not (user1,user2) AND Created >= 1 Jan 2005 AND created < 1 Jan 2009
Ok, I think you're on a version of server that does not allow for lookups or full searches for (or against) inactive or deleted users.
You can still force it though. Looking at our system, I've got a search for "every issue in Jira", and depending on the sort, I can see an issue assigned to someone we will call "Bob Edna".
Bob left years ago, and reassigned active work, so it's a closed issue, but when it lists the asssignee it shows "Bob Edna [X] Inactive" (the X is historical, Bob actually left us before Jira implemented the ability to show inactive, so we added [X] to people to show they'd gone).
Now, if I type "assignee = B" into the search, Jira starts listing people with names starting B, but Bob is not on that list, even when I've gone to Bob (several other Bobs are listed!).
What I had to do for Bob was work out their user id as Jira is still holding for historical reasons. Going back to my long search, I could see Bob in the assignee column, so hovering over their display name popped their user account details, which includes an email address, but most importantly, the id of "bobedna".
Assignee = bobedna
works fine. It won't autofill to help you find Bob, but if you know that your two people have usernames of alice and charlie, then
Project = LTM AND status = closed AND assignee in (alice, charlie)
should do it.
Like Nic said, try using the primary ID (likely the raw username) even though it will not produce suggestions. I verified on one of my production systems. Its also worth noting that I had "assignee not (u1,u2)" in my suggested query and it should have been "assignee in (u1,u2)," my apologies for that mistake. Cheers!