Error - Create EPIC asks that Story Points is required.

Farhan Liaquat July 10, 2019

Hi,

I can't create EPIC in JIRA. It gives me error "Story Points: Story Points is required". ScreenShot No.1

I have enabled all options in the configure field but Story Point option is not available. I also check Project configuration and estimation is set to story points. See Screenshot No.2

Can anyone share experience and advise?.

Farhan2019-07-10 15_30_14-Create Epic - Jira.png2019-07-10 15_32_55-Create Epic - Jira.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2019

Hello,

You need to go to project settings -> Screens, find the Create screen for the Epic issue type and and add the Story Point field.

Farhan Liaquat July 15, 2019

Thanks, I couldn't find create screen option. However screen option gave me the option to change layout in the "issue layout" and i found story points there.

However, I could see story points in the primary fields in the issue layout and it's tied to the Default issue screen as well but still can't see the story point when try to create a new epic and getting the same error.

Suggest an answer