Edit the Data in an out-of-the box Jira Field using the Autocomplete renderer

David W November 5, 2019

We use the out-of-the-box "Affect Version" and "Fix Version" renderable Jira fields using the auto complete render.  Over time the list of version numbers has grown and many are out of date.  The list of version numbers presented to the user in the "Affect Version" and "Fix Version" fields needs to be pruned,  how do I do that?   

Things tried:

• I have been told that a editable text files exists, but I have not been able to find that.
  • It is not possible to delete from the drop-downs from within a ticket 
  • Various forum posting have suggested editing a script within Jira - is it really that difficult?  
  • I can't see anything relevant on the "Configure Renders" help page

It is probably very simple - but its beaten me!

Cheers

Dave

@Thomas Schlegel you were kind enough to help with my workflow problem yesterday - do you have any thoughts on this one? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

Hi @David W ,

look at the Releases tab in your project:

image.png

There you can manage your versions, e.g. you can archive older versions. Archived versions are not included in your drop-downs. 

Versions can also have an unreleased or released status. If you release versions, they are separated from the unreleased versions in the drop-down:

image.png

David W November 12, 2019

Thanks Thomas, its easy when you know how!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2019

You're welcome, @David W 

Suggest an answer