During JIRA localserver installation, I wasn't given the option of importing database from the cloud

bing July 5, 2020

During JIRA local server installation, I couldn't see the option of importing cloud database backup. Please help

Bing

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2020

Hello @bing

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

As you can see in the official documentation to migrate Jira Cloud to Server, the question that pop-up asking if you have any existing data should be displayed on step 2:

In step 2 of the setup wizard (Application Properties), you'll be asked whether you have existing data. Click Import your existing data, and follow instructions to import your XML backup.

When importing, you might see a warning that you're importing data from an earlier Jira version. You can ignore it and continue with the import.

Can you confirm what is the screen displayed to you at step 2 when following the setup wizard?

Additionally, please check in the documentation if you have missed any steps or considerations before migrating:

Migrating from Jira Cloud to Server 

Let us know if you have any questions.

bing July 9, 2020

Hi Petter,

Appreciated your insight help.

It isn't clear in the official documentation to migrate Jira Cloud to Server.

The option of "importing your existing data" comes after you click "Built-in" option.

At the very beginning of database setup, you are only given 2 options:

1. Built-In databse

2. Your own database

I mistook that "importing your existing database" was after selecting "your own database" option.

It's all good now.

Thanks a lot!

Bing

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2020

Hello @bing

Thank you for the feedback.

We will provide it to our PMs so they can consider a way to clarify better the steps to import an existing Cloud backup when installing Jira server. Maybe a smooth change in the documentation would make it clear.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events