Does Jira REST API support generation and retrieval of JIRA reports?

John Hilgedick January 6, 2022

Hello,

I'm been going through the jira rest api and am trying to find documentation on whether the rest api supports the generation and retrieval of project reports?  So far I haven't found any evidence that it does.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Specifically, I'm trying to (via the REST API) generate a "Created vs Resolved Issues Report" for a project that I'm on.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 answer

1 vote
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hey @John Hilgedick 

Looking at the XHR requests made when viewing the reports page, there does not appear to be any REST endpoints that the web-ui is using, and there's nothing on the Jira REST API docs either.

You could achieve something similar by making multiple calls to the JQL REST (1 for the resolved tickets, 1 for the created tickets), then iterate through the results.

If you've got something like eazyBi installed, you could setup a cube with the data you need and then use their REST to extract the calculated data.

CCM

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events