Does Jira 7.6.0 support csv issue import functionality that can be used by project admins?

Carolyn Nelson September 26, 2019

We have several instances of Jira at my company.  In our cloud instance, from Issue Navigator, any user has the option in the drop down menu to import issues using a csv.  I am not seeing this same capability in one of our in-house hosted instances which is running Jira 7.6.0.  Is this functionality unavailable in that version or is this functionality that System Administrators can turn on or off?  Screen shot of Cloud menu attached.import from csv.png 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 26, 2019

Hi Carolyn,

In the instance where you don't see the option, could you please confirm the status of the following plugin modules?

1. Go to JIRA Administration -> Add-ons -> Manage add-ons -> System add-ons (if you've updated the plugin, it may appear under User-installed add-ons)
  2. Find and expand JIRA Importers Plugin (JIM) (Add-on name: jira-importer-plugins)
  3. Check the following modules:

1. New Filter Section for Issues Dropdown (bulk_create_section)
    2. Bulk Create Link (bulk_create_drop_down_item)
    3. Bulk Create (bulkCreateCsv)

Above modules should be enabled by default.

After that, the option should appear on Issues --> Import issues from CSV as shown here:

ksnip_20190930-233735.png

Carolyn Nelson September 30, 2019

I'm checking to see if this is enabled.

Carolyn Nelson September 30, 2019

Yes, these modules are all enabled.  Perhaps my question is Where is the menu for importing from csv in 7.6.0?  When I go to Issue Navigator in the 7.6.0 self-hosted instance, the "Import from csv" option is not visible in any of the menus at the top right.  Is there a special permission a user needs to have in order to utilize the import?  Thank you.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 30, 2019

Maybe the problem is that you are trying to look for the option in the incorrect place?

I've updated my prior message with further information about the location of the menu.

It is displayed on your self-hosted Jira as well?
Regards

Carolyn Nelson October 2, 2019

Eureka!  Thank you Jack.  With your guidance I was able to find the menu with the option to import.  Generally, I find the online cloud documentation pretty good although lacking in some of these details - like where to find things that they love to shift around every couple months (ugh!), but when one of our groups uses an older version, it is challenging.

Marketplace Partner
October 2, 2019

Yay! Congrats

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events