Data migration JSW Premium sandbox > JSW production

hello everyone,

I need assistance here, we have created new projects, boards, settings and ect. in Jira software premium sandbox, 1) How we should migrate data (exact projects A,B,C) to Jira software production?

2) How can I make a backup in JSW production before migration?

JWM URL - https://name.atlassian.net/

JSW URL - https://name.atlassian.net/

Sandbox URL - https://name-sandbox-496.atlassian.net/

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2022

Hello @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ , are you sure I can use this tool for migration sandbox (projects, workflows, settings TO Jira software site? one of community leaders told me that it is impossible to do that..

here is the comment "AFAIK there's no possibility to automatically migrate data from sandbox to production site right now. If you create some configuration in sandbox, you need to manually recreate it in production."

I'm confused, could you give me more details on this - I do not wan to risk before not knowing is everything goes smoothly..

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2022

Hi @Reda Menčikovaitė _ Project manager 

This is a relatively new tool - but it should work.

Like anything in beta, I would read the page I linked you to in detail, and test it, to ensure it meets your criteria :)

Edit: 

I gave this a go on my environment between our Sandbox and Prod. I did only move a Project across (no new config), but it worked.

I did find though that it can duplicate some of the configuration if it already exists - such as Screens, Fields, etc. That is why I'd test it first, to ensure it meets your needs.

Ste

Hey @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ , strange thing, when I go to this beta tool, my only destination site as an option is "name-sandbox.atlassian.com". I tried to search more information why I can't see my "name.atlassian.com" site (because I want to migrate name-sandbox.atlassian.com >> name.atlassian.com), what I managed to find that I need admin rights, in reality I have it all. Maybe you had experience in this? should I change something in settings?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2022

Hi @Reda Menčikovaitė _ Project manager 

Assuming you have the relevant administration permissions (Org Admin) - did you try searching for your destination site (even if it doesn't come up in the list)?

I find not every instance shows up, but I can usually search for them if not :)

Ste

Suggest an answer