Custom field for the "Bug" based on the value of the other field

Bhawna Sharma September 24, 2019

Hi,

I have added one custom field for the issuetype "bug" . However I want this field to be displayed on the respective screen only if the value of one of the other fields in "NOT NULL"

For eg - My custom field is "RCA" and the other field is "Ticket id"

Now I want the field "RCA" to be available on the respective screen only if the value of "Ticket Id " is not NULL.

Please help me know how I can do this.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Bhawna

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manuel Bastardo Castellano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Hello @Bhawna Sharma are you using Server or Cloud version?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

in a server version you could use Behaviours

Bhawna Sharma September 25, 2019

Thanks Manuel

Bhawna Sharma September 30, 2019

Hello Manuel,

The "Behaviours" add-on worked very well for the "Edit" screen but it is does not worked for the "Resolve issue" screen and "Workflow" screen.

How can I do that?

To explain further -

My custom field "X" is hidden if another field "Y" is true. This is working fine in"Edit" screen. But I also want the field X to be hidden ( if Y is true) on the other screens i.e. Resolve issue and Workflow screen. 

@Please note the field Y is as such not available on Resolve issue and Workflow screen.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2019

That's good, you almost have it, this will later be very useful and the customers love it.

try adding the Y field to the screens where you need it, but hide it by default and the behavior indicates that if Y is true, stop being hidden

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

You can use the "Live Fields" functionality of the "Power Scripts" addon

Bhawna Sharma September 25, 2019

Thank you Andrew

Suggest an answer