Check boxes but imputing a numerical value not a tick or selected icon

aislinn.watson May 28, 2019

Hi all,

Very new to this so please bear with me in my explanation and use of wording  

I am trying to create a list of predefined inputs where my users add in a numerical value instead of a tick or selected icon, like in the check box add in's.

So if I have a list of customers and they all trade in fruit but I want to see how many fruit each.  How would I be able to get my Issues to record the data as below:

Apple            4

Pear               7

Strawberry     10

the "fruit" would be fixed and the numerical values free flow. So I could then report that 20 customer trade in Apples and their total values are xx or in my dashboard return all the customers with Pears and their qty etc etc 

I have been told that Jira core Issues are not able to hold table formatting? So was wondering if there was anything else I could use or a work around

Thank you 

Ash

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2019

Hello Aislinn,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I believe you can create two custom fields to achieve the feature you need:

- A Select List custom field to select the pre-determined fruits

- A Number Custom field, to set how many fruits were negotiated

You can follow the documentation below to know how you can create custom fields and properly add it to your issue screens:

Configuring a custom field

Once you configure the custom fields, you can use the Filter Results Gadget in your Dashboard to properly display its values in a list view with columns, just like you mentioned:

User:                              Fruit:                                    Number:

Jeff                                Orange                                 11

Jeff                                Apple                                    6

Let me know if this information helps.

aislinn.watson May 31, 2019

Hi, thanks for your help on this - it worked better than expected

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2019

You are welcome, Aislinn.

I'm glad to know my instructions has helped you.

Have a nice weekend!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events