Changing font colour of field description

Michelle Greenfield October 1, 2019

I've been able to change the font colour of the description of some fields by putting in <font color="red">Description</font>

However, I can't change the font colour of one particular field. The only difference with this field compared to the rest is that it's a "user picker". Does that have anything to do with it?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2019

Hello Michelle,

Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

Instead of changing the color of the text, what is the behavior you are facing when you add the tags to the custom field description? Are the tags added as plain text to the description of is any of the characters displaying some incoherent HTML syntax?

I ask this question because I believe you might be facing the bug below:

Using special character in description field will result in the description appearing HTML tag (eg. <p>) and special characters change to HTML entities (eg. < changes to &lt) 

Could you please let us know your JIRA Server version and check if the behavior informed in the bug above is the one you are facing?

If that's the case, I recommend you to vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Michelle Greenfield October 2, 2019

If I understand correctly, the tags show up as added text ie. <font color="red"> and

appears with the text description. I'm using jira core version 7.11

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events