Cascading Free Text

Juan Kok August 14, 2019

Hi There, 

I need some help. 

My requirement will be relating to the service desk portal. We need to have custom fields in cascading format as per the below. 

Custom field named (User details) 

Cascading options 

- Name and Surname        free text 

- ID Number                      free text

- Contact Number             free text

- Address                           free text 

At the moment i can find set custom values but it does not meed the business's requirement. Are there add on alternatives? 

I would appreciate any ideas or assistance on this.

Thank you 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2019

I am sorry, I do not quite understand the question. 

What is a "cascading free text field"?  Cascading fields are usually paired (or double-paired) things like "country/state", "country/county" or "family/genus/species".   Text fields can't "cascade" because the top level one could be anything, as could the lower one.

I am sure I am missing something here, so I need some help finding what I've missed!

Juan Kok August 19, 2019

Hi Nic, 

Thank you for the response.

You are on the right path, i practically need something or a solution which combines cascading with a free text option.

Because of the data we require, we need the free text option. Not sure if it is possible, but it should look something like below.

- Participant (Set Field)

- Name and Surname(Set Field)

- (Free Text) Juan Kok

- Address (Set Field)

- (Free Text) Unknow address 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2019

That's not "cascading" in the normal sense of how web pages work.

Jira does not support this form of layout of fields.

Suggest an answer