Can we have both Epic and Stories in same board as Parent Child relationship ?

Raja Nepolion Nandy August 27, 2020

> If we add epic and story in same Jira board, Epics are visible 1st and then stories are visible.

Example - 

Epic1: having 2 stories as 1.0, 1.1

Epic 2: having 3 stories as 2.0, 2.1, 2.2

I want visibility like Parent child relationship in Jira board as: 

Epic 1 

story 1.0

story 1.1

Epic 2

story 2.0

story2.1

Story 2.2

> And when we move all child stories from one stage to another stage, the parent Epic will be moved automatically to next stage.

> Estimation in all child stories to display in Parent Epic, similar to: estimation in sub task used to sum in story level.

To achieve these, what should I do? Is it achievable ?

Regards,

Raja Nepolion Nandy

Scrum Master & Consultant.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2020

Sorting is not possible that way. It only works for tasks and subtask to „frame“ the issues. The order of tasks on a board is determined by their rank. You can modify the rank implicitly by shoveling the issues around via drag and drop. You should not try to modify the rank field explicitly with some script.

But you can enable the EPICS-Panel in your board configuration. The epics will then be not shown at all on the board but on a separate area on the left side. https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/epics

Automatic transition of an epic can be achieved with the automation plugin. It did something similar and it worked well. 

Adding up some values is something I have never tried. It might be possible with the automation plugin but I doubt it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events