Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can we have both Epic and Stories in same board as Parent Child relationship ?

Edited

> If we add epic and story in same Jira board, Epics are visible 1st and then stories are visible.

Example - 

Epic1: having 2 stories as 1.0, 1.1

Epic 2: having 3 stories as 2.0, 2.1, 2.2

I want visibility like Parent child relationship in Jira board as: 

Epic 1 

story 1.0

story 1.1

Epic 2

story 2.0

story2.1

Story 2.2

> And when we move all child stories from one stage to another stage, the parent Epic will be moved automatically to next stage.

> Estimation in all child stories to display in Parent Epic, similar to: estimation in sub task used to sum in story level.

To achieve these, what should I do? Is it achievable ?

Regards,

Raja Nepolion Nandy

Scrum Master & Consultant.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Rising Star Aug 27, 2020

Sorting is not possible that way. It only works for tasks and subtask to „frame“ the issues. The order of tasks on a board is determined by their rank. You can modify the rank implicitly by shoveling the issues around via drag and drop. You should not try to modify the rank field explicitly with some script.

But you can enable the EPICS-Panel in your board configuration. The epics will then be not shown at all on the board but on a separate area on the left side. https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/epics

Automatic transition of an epic can be achieved with the automation plugin. It did something similar and it worked well. 

Adding up some values is something I have never tried. It might be possible with the automation plugin but I doubt it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events