Can't display Epic Name in the Story screen

Adam Subotkowski September 11, 2019

I can see the Epic Name on the Backlog view, but when I go into Story screen it is not visible. I tried to add this field to the screen but it's not there. Additionally, Epic Name & Epic Link are blank when I created Macro in Confluence with those columns.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

Hello @Adam Subotkowski

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

By default, the Epic name can be identified in the child issues by the Epic Link field.

Since you mentioned that you are being able to to see neither Epic Name or Epic Link in the Issue view and or your confluence macro, I believe that you are probably using a Next-gen project in a JIRA Cloud instance. Can you confirm it?

If that's the case, I can confirm that Next-gen project does not have the Epic Name or Epic Link, since it was designed for those users who felt overwhelmed by the complexity of JIRA Classic template and requested a simpler option, straight to the point with fewer options of customization.

We have a feature request for the implementation of those fields in Next-gen:

Next Gen project - ability to add Epic link when creating an issue

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

If you are using a Classic project of Jira (Not next-gen):

1 - Try to add the Epic link field to your Story screens (Under Project settings > Screens > Story)

2 - Navigate to Project Settings > Issue Layout > check if the Epic Link field is properly added to your project view.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer