Can i restrict a user's login(people in a certain group) for a particular duration in every month

Sneha A S November 6, 2019

I want to restrict user's from creating issue during a particular duration for eg.,from 25th to 5th issues should not be created. Rest of the user's should be able to access it.

2 answers

1 vote
Tyler Brown-Jones November 7, 2019

Hi Sneha

check out the following url - https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/SFJ/Automatically+deactivate+inactive+JIRA+users

You could use something along the lines of this, but you will have to obviously do it via a date range and pass through the users you want to deactivate. 

I would the run it on the Jira Scheduled Tasks OR run it as a one time execution on the script console.

Good luck!

Tyler

Sneha A S November 7, 2019

Thank you!! 

Tyler Brown-Jones November 7, 2019

You're welcome,.

up-votes, resolutions and likes are greatly appreciated!

1 vote
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

If you have any automation plugin like script runner, you can add a validator inside the work flow where you can create a groovy script to check if dates are the required dates, don't allow to create the issue.

I have used scriptrunner and i am able to delete the issues for that particular dates but is there any way so that user cannot login to the system itself

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

Why to stop login? you can stop them creating issues in a specific duration. Its simple, Inside the workflow on create transition, add validator , verify the dates , the group or project roles you don't let them to create issues. 

Now they will not be able to create issues withing a specific time period 

Sure... I will try this...thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events