Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can i restrict a user's login(people in a certain group) for a particular duration in every month

I want to restrict user's from creating issue during a particular duration for eg.,from 25th to 5th issues should not be created. Rest of the user's should be able to access it.

2 answers

1 vote
Muhammad Ramzan Community Leader Nov 06, 2019

If you have any automation plugin like script runner, you can add a validator inside the work flow where you can create a groovy script to check if dates are the required dates, don't allow to create the issue.

I have used scriptrunner and i am able to delete the issues for that particular dates but is there any way so that user cannot login to the system itself

Muhammad Ramzan Community Leader Nov 07, 2019

Why to stop login? you can stop them creating issues in a specific duration. Its simple, Inside the workflow on create transition, add validator , verify the dates , the group or project roles you don't let them to create issues. 

Now they will not be able to create issues withing a specific time period 

Sure... I will try this...thank you

Hi Sneha

check out the following url - https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/SFJ/Automatically+deactivate+inactive+JIRA+users

You could use something along the lines of this, but you will have to obviously do it via a date range and pass through the users you want to deactivate. 

I would the run it on the Jira Scheduled Tasks OR run it as a one time execution on the script console.

Good luck!

Tyler

Thank you!! 

You're welcome,.

up-votes, resolutions and likes are greatly appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

326 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you