Can I dissable the "Mark as Done" button from the boards?

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

Hello,

Some people are resolving the Epics in the board clicking on the 'Mark as Done' when they are not Done, this Epics dissapear from our board and it is difficult to restore their Epic status.

Is there any way I can dissable the option "Mark as Done"image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2019

Hi Lara,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

It's not possible to disable, but you can add a condition to the workflow to allow only users in a specific group to transition the issue to Done, so for example, you can allow only administrators to close a ticket and other users that are not administrators, won't be able to do that.

You can find the details and steps on the documentation below:

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

Hi Angelica,

But the workflow condition is not going to work. I am talking about the field "Epic Status", which Jira Software Locked custom field, not a Jira Status. All the issues that we were not seeing because their "Epic Status" was in Done had other status like in progress or todo, thats why I want to dissable it, so people do not lose sight of issues that are still open.

Regards

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2019

Thank you for the details, Lara.

There are some options that may help you:

1 - Use scriptrunner to hide UI Elements. It’s not possible to hide only the “Mark as done” button, but you can hide the entire epic panel.

2 - Put all epics in a different project and restrict the issues using the permission scheme.

3 -  Create a workflow for epics and set a workflow property on all status of “jira.permission.edit.group.1=someone”, so only a specific user can edit epics.

4 -  Use an add-on to protect that status, for example, Secure Fields for Jira.

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz , thanks for your suggestions, I cannot stop people editing the issue because when you stop people being able to edit an Epic they can no longer use the epic link to associated stories to epics, it does not use the link permission but the edit permission.

We did not want to buy and addon and hidding the whole panle seems wrong because people like assigning colors to epics.

What we probably do is use this https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-unlock-a-locked-jira-software-field-779158866.html to unlock the epic status field, dissable the configuration context for the epic, so it is no longer a field of the epic.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events