Can I create multiple future Sprints with goals including start and end date?

laurie_hall December 12, 2019

I have used two other Agile systems to run Sprints (VersionOne and Rally). This is the first time I can not map out my Sprints with dates ahead of adding issues to the Sprints. In my scenario, my team is not actually developing software. They are supporting a pipeline of new clients and I need to have the Stories align with the rollout of the client launch date.

When I edit a new Sprint, Jira doesn't display the start and end dates unless the Sprint has started. But then, I can't start the Sprint because I have a Sprint in progress and active. 

I guess I could put the dates in the Sprint name, but that seems so manual and forces me to get my calendar out and enter those dates into the field. Rather clunky workaround. 

I am new to this Agile tool, so... am I missing something? 

1 answer

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Hello Laurie,

Unfortunately, you can only select dates for your sprint when you start your sprint.
sprint.jpg

There is a feature called Parrallel sprints which allows you to start other sprints prior to one being completed and starting a sprint will allow you to select dates in the future, but I'm afraid reporting wont be accurate.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0712/using-parallel-sprints-959315034.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events