Auto converting issue name to a link

Martin Gavin January 3, 2019

The nice feature that auto converted the issue name in a comment/description to a hyperlink to the ticket summary pages as well as showing its stays seems to be no longer working.. Has this changed with the new layout?

Now if I write ABC-678 it stays as text instead of converting to a link with the ticket status, which was very useful.

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

Hello Martin,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
With the new markdown editor on the new issue view, to add a link to a ticket you must click on "Link" on the comment/description box and search for the ticket and then click to add the link on the comment:

Screenshot 2019-01-04_11-25-59.png
Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Martin Gavin January 8, 2019

Thank you for the reply Angelica.

Two points on that:

1. If I enter a list of 10 ticket IDs (ABC-123) then I need to manually do this for each one? In the past, I could simply paste all the ticket numbers and they would auto link which was much quicker.
  2. I did try that on one or two which was slow, however not all ticket IDs were being found by the auto search...

Is there a way to turn auto linking just by entering the ticket ID?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2019

Hi Martin,

Currently, the only workaround is to use the links like this or disable the new issue view.
We have a feature request where developers are collecting feedback about this issue:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69230
Please, feel free to add your comments on the ticket.
For now, we must wait until this feature be implemented on the new issue view.

Regards,
Angélica

Martin Gavin January 14, 2019

Thanks, will get it added on there.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events