App compatibility with Jira's versions

imene.firas September 21, 2021

Hi Community,

I have developed a jira-add-on in version 8.13.4 of jira

1. Can I say that my add-on works in all versions of Jira under 8.13.4 ?
  2. How can I know if it works in versions above 8.13.4? do I have to test the plugin in all of them one by one ?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

Hey @imene.firas ,

1. I would not just assume that your plugin is compatible with any versions below 8.13.4. API changes most likely happened between older version and that version so the safest would be to say it works with 8.13.4 only.
  2. to validate your plugin with newer versions, you will indeed have to install that version and validate if your plugin still works correctly with those versions.. API's changes all the time so the only way to be sure is to test it.

While it may be a burden to do all the testing you will need to validate your plugin..

For older versions, you could look at the EOL policy of Atlassian and only test against still supported versions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/atlassian-support-end-of-life-policy-201851003.html

imene.firas September 23, 2021

thanks @Dirk Ronsmans for this useful answe

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer