how to restore a deleted jira ticket in jira cloud from the activeobjects.xml ?

Rajasekhar September 4, 2019

I have the export-jira.zip backup file from jira cloud , now i have deleted a ticket to validate the data retrieval process. How i can do it with activeobjects.xml as we don't have options to import under  "Import &  export -> external System Import"?

Can i convert the XML to CSV and then can i do it with csv file in the "Jira import wizard"?

4 comments

robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

hello @Rajasekhar .
I would suggest to get a temporary Jira cloud instance, import the whole export-jira.zip in there, then export your issue into CSV and do a reimport.
It seems the easiest path. 
Regards 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

I would agree with Robert. In theory you can use a tool like XSLT to parse through the data and pull out what you want, but it's a ton of work. The system backups are not designed to retrieve a single issue. They are designed to roll back to a point in time.

When tickets are deleted that need to be recovered, you need to restore the backup to a separate instance and export the set of tickets from there. 

I've used other cloud instances for this purpose before, but you can also install the Atlassian SDK and start up an amps standalone environment to restore to.

Hi @robert Mugabuhamye  & @Kian Stack Mumo Systems 

thank you for the answers. 

Hi ,

I noticed that i couldn't find all the jira issues from the downloaded backupfile  "export-jira.zip" as supposed to have all the projects including the tickets. But i don't understand the restore concept in the jira cloud.

Can anyone please guide me the right procedure to take the fullbackup of the Jira cloud?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events