Upgrade Jira to 8.15

Dan4 January 27, 2021

I am on Jira Server 8.5.  My system, tells me 8.15 is available. When I follow the link it first tells me I need an Installer then takes me to a page to download the full install of Jira 8.14.1.  When I search for Jira 8.15 Release Notes I get a dead page in the online help.

Where is the upgrade package for Jira Server 8.15?

4 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

There isn't a supported release yet.

There is an early access release, but you really really only want that for testing and development.

Dan4 January 27, 2021

Weird that Jira tells me it's available then.

To upgrade from 8.5 to 8.14.1 - do I have to reinstall Jira from the Zip file?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Not re-install.  The recommended method is to run the installer, and point it at your existing 8.5 instance.  It will then upgrade it.

Make sure you test it on a copy of your Jira system first, and always take a backup, of course.

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Hi Dan, 

Before doing that upgrade as well consider 8.15 is not an LTS release. 8.5 is. The current LTS release is 8.13. One advantage of the LTS releases are the patches for 2 years for security. So while you don't get the latest and greatest features you have a consistently stable platform. I would recommend looking at 8.13 as you are currently already using the LTS model.

Dan4 April 1, 2021

OK so I have upgraded to Jira 8.15.1 and Service 8.15.1,  Also had the server guys double the CPU sockets on the app VM to 4. Performance is not great.  We have integrated Jira queries in Confluence pages timing out regularly but not consistently.  Searches take much longer. Watching the CPU spikes to 100% every few seconds.  

The database looks quiet.  Are there any logs that can tell me what is consuming the CPU?  Of note - we have Jira Workflow Toolbox installed and I have 2 On Transition workflows running but they are project specific and filter for the project at the top.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events